Sunday, February 2, 2014

Blog 1- chapter one

Becoming an e-Teacher…

      Technology has become such a great essential to our lives. Whether it be of a child playing games on his mother's iPad, teacher's using power points for their lessons, or a student using a computer to type his/her paper, or of an elderly using the internet to watch international dramas, it's being used all around us. I've become so used to having/using technology that I can't go a day without using it. While reading chapter one I thought about my past classes where teachers incorporated technologies into their lessons, for me it wasn't until college where I saw the most use of it. Children these days are exposed to different types of technologies at such an young age. 
      It mentions in the reading about today's "youngsters"  being referred to as Generation M, these children are interacting with a wide range of technologies on a daily basis. I plan to use technology to inspire learning and creativity for my future students. For the most part as I student myself I enjoy power point lessons its more organized, the professors add on video clips, pictures, graphs, and etc. It definitely allows the students to see more visually which can be more beneficial. I believe using technology allows you to be more creative with your lessons as whole. I strongly think it's important to use technology for instructional practices and also administrative/professional activities. For instructional practices it gives the students the opportunity to work and experience how and when to use technology on their own. And for administrative/professional activities its very useful for teachers because it helps us to be more organized, engaged, and up to date. 

  1. Do you believe it's crucial for elementary school students to use technology in their classrooms?
  2. What are some ways(examples) you plan to include technology in your classroom? 

1 comment:

  1. 1. At first I did not think it was crucial but now learning more and more about it I feel it is. This new generation of students grow up with technology everywhere they turn and in order for them to be successful in their future endeavors I feel it is important that they learn as much as they can about it.

    2. During my student teaching experience I incorporated a math song/music video into my math lesson. I think music is a great use of technology in the classroom. They certainly enjoyed math more when it was used.

    ReplyDelete